Hello Ivanhoe Knights Families,
We are excited to be introducing a new development program on Friday afternoon at Alphington Primary School, aptly named ALL Knights.
ALL Knights is our Primary School aged (6-11) program created for those with autism.
We know that within the community autism can create divides in participation for young people across all sports. Coach Olly and his team have been busy creating a program to bridge the gap to allow more young people to enjoy the game of basketball.
We will be running a FREE 2 Week Pilot Program 17th & 24th of June 5pm – 5:45pm Alphington Primary School Hall This pilot program is aimed at beginning the process of introducing this program fulltime in Term 3.
– For children aged 6 – 11 years old (currently enrolled in Primary School)
– All coaches will have completed training on Autism in the Community via AMAZE
– No whistles or clock sirens
– Small group coaching Lowered rings for all groups
– Focus on participation over competition
– Use of soft balls
– Participants can use noise cancelling headphones if needed
If you are interested, or know of anyone in our community who would like to be involved in this fantastic program, we encourage you to share this opportunity and reach out to them.
We look forward to welcoming new and existing Knights to the program.
Ivanhoe Knights Committee