Thank you for agreeing to be a team manager with the Ivanhoe Knights Basketball Club.
This is a role that many parents/carers in our club undertake one or more times during their child’s playing experience with us. It’s an essential role, but fairly flexible compared to other roles such as coaching.
Your first point of contact is the club’s Senior Administrator. This person will provide you with the information you need throughout the season and is available to answer any questions you may have. Contact details for our club’s Senior Administrator are in the column to the right.
The primary duties of team managers are:
- to communicate with team members, their families and their coach or coaches about weekly games, club policies and events
- to ensure team contact details and singlet numbers are correct
- prepare and manage a duty roster for scoring weekly games (please note that game fees are pre-paid before the season starts so no longer need to be collected)
- to arrange for fill-ins when the team is short of players and advise on walkovers and forfeits
- to arrange an end-of-season present for the coach or coaches and organise the team break-up celebration.
This page aims to provide you with the resources you need to perform your role. If you are unsure of anything please don’t hesitate to contact the club.
What do I need to do and when?
As part of our support for team managers we have prepared a schedule for your expected activities during the season – with the relevant dates. These activities start in the week following the grand final, after the teams for the next season have been announced. It’s your responsibility to prepare team members and their families for the coming season and support them as the season progresses.
- Team manager’s schedule (as a print-friendly PDF).
What do I send to the team at the start of the season?
Most of the information you need for the team is on our website. For your convenience we have prepared a page with all the relevant links and PDFs. All you need to do is:
- send a welcome email to your team and their families
- attach the duty roster (a Word document for you to complete)
- add a link to our ‘New season kit for families and players’ – copy this link: http://ivanhoeknights.org/players-families-new-season-kit
We suggest you attend at least the first training session of the season to introduce yourself to parents and players.
What if I don’t have enough players?
It’s your responsibility to find fill-in players, if your team is short of players. Refer to the Knights fact sheet Not enough players-what to do, walkovers & forfeits (print-friendly PDF).
Team manager resources
So it’s all in one place, here are some links to resources for team managers:
- team manager’s schedule for this season (PDF)
- duty roster to be completed by team manager (Word document)
- link to send to families and players at start of season – http://ivanhoeknights.org/players-families-new-season-kit
Table of web links and other information
The same table appears on the web page New season kit for families and players.
|Subject||Knights website links||Print-friendly||EDJBA website links|
|Season dates||On our home page and events calendar||EDJBA PDF - Summer Season 2019-20 dates list|
|Knights home venues & training venues||List of venues + Google maps|
|EDJBA venues||Venues page|
|Fixtures & results||Fixtures & results guide||Fixtures & results|
|Scoring||General information & duties||PDF - Working the clock fact sheet|
PDF - Alternating possession fact sheet
|Fill-in players, forfeits & walkovers||Fact sheets page||PDF - Not enough players - what to do fact sheet|
|EDJBA policies||Code of conduct
Climate policy - hot weather
|General information||Frequently Asked Questions|